Three companies, working in Slovakia in the field of social services and health care brought the idea of creating an educational institution called The Academy for Education and Research in Social Services (AVVSS) to respond to the current needs and requirements of the application practice.
Tabita s.r.o. was created on October 3rd, 2002 on the basis of the outputs of the EU SenioBench research project, which compared the quality of social care facilities for seniors in 14 developed European countries. During its 16 years of activity, it continues to be the only business company in Slovakia specializing in the quality of social services with the development of its own business products for systemic upgrades and quality assurance in social services and with its own professional publishing activities. www.tabitasro.sk
HIPOKRAT s.r.o. offers complete interior equipment for social services facilities, hospitals and offices, doctor offices or other facilities, and creates modern design tailored in standard and above standard styles since 2006. It implements international and national conferences on health and quality of life. www.hipokrat.sk
The Association of Professional Workers in Social Services (AOPSS) was established in April 2013 to support education and training in the field of social work and social services and the serves professionals working in social care facilities or in home care. www.aopss.sk
We think everybody is special. The exceptionality and uniqueness of a person requires individual approach to seniors, to the sick and to people with physical or mental disabilities. Based on our past experience, we see an urgent need for further training of not only professionals, but also management employees, working in the field of social services.
The Academy for Education and Research in Social Services is divided into three institutes:
- Institute for Education
- Institute for Research and Project Activities
- Professional care Institute of Prof. Monika Krohwinkel
The Institute for Education currently implements lifelong learning programs, where the social workers or social services workers can acquire partial qualification, complete their qualification, or supplement, renew, expand, and deepen the qualifications acquired in school education.
- Administration and document management
- Social management
- Knowledge management
- Change management
- Financial Management
- Personnel management
- Care for a client with aggressive behavior
- Basic principles of hygiene and epidemiology in social services
- Basics principles of communication with clients in social services
- Conflict resolution
- Work with medical and compensatory aids
- Care for a client with mental disability
- Care for a client with dementia
- Individual planning
- Individual approach in the care giving and nursing process according to the model of prof. Monika Krohwinkel
- Project management in social services
- First aid course for social services
- Lady caregiver
- Management of dying people in social care facilities and in the home environment
- Communication in the nursing process.
- Communicating with media partners.
- Risk management in social services
- Eliminating operating deafness and blindness.
- Obligations of the municipality and its competences in the provision of social services.
- Change of the view of a person with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Instructor of professional practice
It also implements training programs to acquire professional qualifications:
- Quality manager in social services
- Quality auditor
- Instructor of social rehabilitation
- Instructor for the development of professional skills
Our Team: Instructors from the field, who work with modern learning methods
Students are given access to professional library, computer and demonstration room with state-of-the-art technology and tools. If necessary, accommodation is possible.